Being a resourceful bunch, we can make a little bit of financial support stretch a long way.
Giving to The Men’s Shed
While we are grateful for donations, we do have limited space.
If you have items which you thought The Shed could use, such as timber, tools or equipment, please call us before. Items left at The Shed door uninvited leave us with the problem of getting rid of them.
Gifts we’ll accept with open arms:
Monetary donations are always welcome, most useful and will be used responsibly according to our Shed’s charter.
Donations can be made as a one off gift, a regular direct deposit or you may choose to leave us a financial bequest in your will and create a legacy that really makes a difference.
Gifts we’ll usually accept with prior arrangement:
- New, untreated timber in lengths greater than 2 meters
- Native timbers such as cedar and brush box
- Battery operated hand tools & equipment in good working order
Donations we cannot accept
- Treated pine timber and construction timber off-cuts, timber moldings, painted or stained timbers
- Old hand tools
- Corded electrical tools
- Broken tools or equipment
- Old paint and varnished (unopened tins may be accepted)
Please Note: Due to concerns over illegal dumping of unwanted items, we reluctantly advise that security cameras monitor activity at The Shed’s entrance.
Corporate Sponsorship offers a rewarding opportunity to strengthen ties in the local community.
If your business or organisation would like to help out our Men’s Shed, there are several ways we engage with the local business community.
- Engage us for a paid project. We’re not a factory, but our members are pretty handy. Send us a project brief and we’ll let you know.
- If your organisation has a corporate community donations program offering either financial or employee time then we would love to hear from you
- Consider becoming one of our long-term financial sponsors
- Donate your time and expertise, or facilities. If you’re an experienced woodworker or craftsmen, our members are always willing to learn, and we’d love to hear from you.
Carpark level, Wesley Gardens Retirement Centre, Morgan Rd, Belrose (off Forest Way)
Entrance via driveway 2E
Take the lower road and enter via automatic roller door
Interested in joining The Men’s Shed?
Send us an enquiry, or simply visit during opening hours and chat with a Duty Supervisor and with members. You will be made most welcome!